Sunday, July 11, 2010

City Spotlight: Birmingham, MI

     I took a trip to Birmingham yesterday with my good friend Meaghen & she was kind enough to take me to Forté for dinner. The food was so good and we had a great time catching up and telling stories. I tried calamari for the first time (I'm still undecided about whether I like it or not!) but it was great to just hang out and relax in downtown Birmingham. The atmosphere is awesome - you still feel like you're in a city but it feels so laid-back. 

calamari
Meaghen ate the entire squid...I'm sure you can tell by her face that it was a little weird, hah. 
grilled flat iron steak
     I also tried a new recipe this weekend, but I'll admit I was a little hesitant because of the mandarin oranges in it. It's actually delicious and it only took about 10 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment