Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Heidelberg Project

Love Culture blouse, Forever 21 denim shorts, Pitaya bow belt

     Detroit's Heidelberg Project is INCREDIBLY inspiring. Not only does it have a touching history, but it also is bringing hope to a city that so badly needs it. This was my first visit, but I definitely plan on returning. If you ever get the chance to visit, you definitely should! It's an experience and really showcases the enthusiasm and talent that the people of Detroit have to offer. 

[this polka-dot house was my favorite]
[my brother, adam]

     When I was in middle school, my spanish class took a trip to "Mexican Town" and the best part was La Gloria Bakery, so I took a side trip after visiting Heidelberg Street. It is so cheap and incredibly delicious. As you walk in, you take a tray and pick out all of the baked goods your heart desires. The best is the caramel churros (fried dough similar to a doughnut that are rolled in cinnamon or filled), especially when they're fresh baked and still warm.

churros - chocolate, strawberry, caramel & cinnamon
raton de chocolate (brownie rat)
empanada de queso (cheese turnover)
"i love you" sugar cookies

Don't forget to enter the tinsel* giveaway before Thursday, July 22, at 11:00 p.m.! 

3 comments:

  1. how fun! your outfit is so cute! i love that shirt!

    http://www.allisterbee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm honored that I made it into your post. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pictures!!! Love the outfit as well.

    Thanks for leaving that very sweet comment on my blog :)

    Anthea,
    Embracing Style

    ReplyDelete