Monday, January 24, 2011

bloglovin

     Today is the first day in over a week when I've had a chance to sit and just hang out by myself. I've been constantly doing homework and going to meetings, so the first thing I did after class today was make salad dressing. Sounds weird, I know. I got the recipe from a Katie Lee Joel cookbook that my aunt had, and I have to say, it's pretty good.

KLJ's Salad (that I forget the real name of)

4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breast (I use pre-cooked chicken)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
4 pieces of bacon
1 ripe avocado 
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup mayonnaise (I use fat free) 
1/4 cup chopped scallions
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
2 teaspoons chopped parsley
bibb lettuce

Put the chicken in a baking dish, season and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for 30 minutes. If you use pre-cooked chicken, ignore the first step. Combine avocado, lemon juice. Add chicken, bacon, mayonnaise, scallions, mustard, parsley, salt and pepper. Put over lettuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment