Wednesday, February 16, 2011

bloglovin

     As my love for candy begins to take over my life (thank you to my roomie who put not one, but two bowls of candy out on the table last night), I am continually grateful to have a boyfriend who loves dessert and candy as much as me because he keeps me from eating it all myself. So for Valentine's Day, I thought I'd try out this recipe for one of my favorite candies turned dessert - Brown Eyed Baker's Peanut Butter Cup Bars. After quite a bit of backtracking, I found that it's been passed around the blogosphere but originated from allrecipes.com. Anyways, they are AMAZING. I hope you like peanut butter and calories. Definitely try them! You can always make them for someone else and then save one for yourself :)


P.S. They're no-bake! That's the best part. 


Peanut Butter Cup Bars

½ cup unsalted butter
1¾ cups powdered sugar
1 cup smooth peanut butter
¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
¼ cup unsalted butter
½ cup milk chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate)
1. Line an 8×8-inch square pan with foil, leaving enough to hang over the sides, then butter the foil. Set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan, melt the ½ cup of butter over low heat. Once melted, remove from heat and stir in the powdered sugar until smooth. Stir in the peanut butter and graham cracker crumbs until completely combined and smooth. Spread the peanut butter mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
3. In the now-empty saucepan, melt the ¼ cup unsalted butter. Add the chocolate and stir until almost completely melted. Remove from heat and continue stirring until completely melted. Pour the melted chocolate over the peanut butter layer and smooth into an even layer.
4. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to set. Remove from the pan using the foil overhangs and place on a cutting board. Use a pizza cutter to slice into 16 bars. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment