Thursday, April 7, 2011

bloglovin

As many of you know, I'm a student at the University of Michigan and for one of my classes our class has a group project where
we are trying to raise $30,000 for the Capuchin Soup Kitchen in ONE week, meaning I'm responsible for $500. Detroit has been struggling for years, the soup kitchen has been a source of hope and opportunity for the people of Detroit. 

Some services provided include:

  • 2,000 hot meals a day
  • 300,000 pounds of food distributed per month to families
  • 30,000 articles of clothing per month
  • Over 500 pieces of furniture and appliances to families per month
  • Showers and a change of clothing for the homeless and poorly housed individuals
  • A 25,000 square foot urban farm project
  • A children’s library and art therapy studio serving up to 800 children per month

If you can help me out in any way, please click here to donate. All I ask if that you email me a copy of your receipt at jzientar@umich.edu because otherwise I have no way of knowing how much I've raised so far! 

Thank you all so much, I appreciate it! 

1 comment: