Monday, October 31, 2011

bloglovin

I've been running around Ann Arbor for the last few weeks - between meetings, a weekend conference and interviews I've been busy. But I've also been baking up storm! Here's two "Italian" receipes -- they're super American but mostly just easy!
Meatball Calzones
My dad and brother love these - I made them once before school and when I offered to make them a few weeks ago when I came back for the weekend I was shocked at how excited my dad got. They're incredibly easy and quick! I always end up doubling the recipe because it only makes 4 calzones. 

1 can (13.8 oz.) refrigerated pizza crust
1 jar 24 oz. pasta sauce
20 frozen turkey meatballs (they come in a bag pre-cooked)
1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend

1. Heat oven to 425 degees. Line a baking sheet with nonstick foil. 
2. Heat up meatballs in the microwave until they are defrosted. Cut each meatball in half. 
3. Unroll crust on a cutting board and stretch dough to a 12-in. square. Cut in quarters so that you have four squares. Transfer to the lined baking sheet. 
4. Distribute meatballs evenly in centers of dough squares. Top each with sauce and 1/4 cup cheese. Fold corner to corner to form triangles. 
5. Bake 10-13 minutes until golden. Heat remaining sauce to serve on the side. 

(Recipe adapted from here)
Pizza Bread
The second recipe is much more of an appetizer/snack that is great for parties. I've made it twice now and it's been a huge hit both times. This honestly might be the easiest thing I've ever made, no joke.

1 can store-bought Pillsbury Italian or French bread
1 cup shredded Italian cheese
sliced pepperoni
marinara sauce for dipping

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Unroll the dough so that it makes a large rectangle
2. Sprinkle with cheese (be generous!), top with pepperoni. 
3. Roll the dough jelly roll style and place seam side down on a baking sheet lined with foil. 
4. Bake 18-20 minutes, until the top is golden brown. 

(Recipe adapted from here)

No comments:

Post a Comment