And let me tell you... It's so good with a little bit of cool whip. Or with ice cream. Or by itself. It's great for brunch or dessert, and its so easy. You do need a food processor though, heads up.
Strawberry Amaretto Dutch Baby
For dutch baby:
3 large eggs, at room temperature
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup whole milk
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
pinch of salt
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
confectioner's sugar for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Mix the first five ingredients in a food processor and process until mixture is smooth and larger in volume (about 30 seconds).
2. Heat a 10-inch bast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Melt the butter in the pan - but only until it no longer foamy. Remove the pan from heat, pour the batter in and immediately place in the oven.
3. Bake for 15-20 minutes, making sure not to burn the sides (mine was done in about 17). Remove from the oven; the sides will shrink as it cools.
4. Top with strawberries and dust with confectioner's sugar. Serve immediately.
2 quarts fresh strawberries, sliced
1 tablespoon (or more to taste) sugar
4 tablespoons Amaretto
1. Place sliced strawberries in large bowl. Sprinkle with sugar and stir gentle. Refrigerate for at least a half hour, allowing the sugar to bring out the juices in the strawberries. Add Amaretto. Serve immediately with the dutch baby.