Monday, May 2, 2011

bloglovin


     I've been in a rut lately. So I've started to force myself to do things, and one of those things is cooking something other than dessert, which we all know is my weakness. I'm incredibly picky (my hatred for most vegetables makes cooking a little difficult), so when I found this recipe for creamy chicken taquitos I got really excited. And they're not all that bad for you since they're baked. I skipped the cayenne pepper because I couldn't find it at the store, but next time I'd be sure to add it - they needed a little more of a kick. A few alternatives I might try: salsa verde (or just spicier salsa), cilantro instead of parsley, or pepperjack cheese. Overall, very good though. My brother gave them an 8/10 and requested I add the cayenne pepper next time, so definitely don't skip it!

Creamy Baked Chicken Taquitos
3 oz. softened cream cheese
1/4 cup salsa
juice of 1/2 lime
1 teaspoon chile powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
pinch cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup chopped parsley
3 tablespoons chopped scallions
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
12 (6 inch) corn tortillas

1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese with the salsa, lime juice, cumin, chile powder, cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic, parsley, scallions, and 1/4 tsp. salt. Fold in the chicken and cheeses. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if necessary.
3. Warm the tortillas according to package directions until soft.
4. Spoon 3 tablespoons of chicken filling onto the lower third of each tortilla and roll tightly. Place seam side down on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
5. Spray the taquitos lightly with cooking spray, sprinkle with salt. Bake 15 minutes, or until the tortillas are golden brown. Serve with salsa, sour cream, or guacamole!

Source: Sweat Pea's Kitchen

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious, thanks for sharing the recipe.:D

    Have a wonderful week!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete